Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

27 Weeks & Nursery Pictures

How far along: 27 weeks
I was reading something this morning that said "during your third trimester (which begins next week!)" and I thought "Holy freaking crap!!!".  Third trimester already???

Size of Baby:
*At 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, she's not just getting bigger, she's getting smarter.
*This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
*At the end of the second trimester, your baby measures about 14 inches and weighs between 2-2 1/2 pounds, having doubled her weight in a month. Her brain tissue continues to develop folds and grooves on what was once a smooth surface. Even though she's bigger, she still has plenty of room to flip around, so whatever position she's in right now will likely shift over the next three months.
The eyelids have opened, and she'll try to shield her light-sensitive eyes with her hands if a fetoscope with a light is shone inside the uterus. If born now, your baby would most likely survive with medical help, with a 50% chance of no serious complications. Less than 10 weeks before she's considered full term - hang in there!


Maternity Clothes:   Everything but PJ's and a few shirts

Weight Gain:  18 so far.  Not gonna lie-starting to freak out with the holidays coming.  MUST HAVE SELF CONTROL

Stretch Marks:  None as of yet but I haven't been very good with the coco butter this time around.  When I lotion up it leaves my skin feeling a little sticky and I don;t like getting dressed cause my clothes feel weird.  I know I just need to deal with it and lube up the ole bump.  I don't know if the lotion really works or not but I don't want to be sorry.

Belly Button:  "Open"  Savannah says to me this week "Hey Mommy, why does you belly button look like that???"  Haha!

Sleep:  Ugh!  The transition from crib to bed wasn't an easy one for my little princess.  She reused to nap in her bed so on the third day of having the bed we had to "cry it out" at nap.  It only took an hour but I refused to give up.  Every time she would get out I would put her back in.  Finally it worked.  THEN she went from sleeping till 8:30am-9:30am to getting up at 6:30am then 5:30am then 4:30am.  I was ready to loose my freaking mind.  So we started putting her to bed at 8pm (rather than 7) and fr the past 3 mornings she has slept till 7am.  It's wonderful-only problem is that I wake at 4am and can't really go back to sleep because I am listening for her (she has a bell on her door so we hear the jingle when she gets up).  Hopefully in another day or so I will feel more at ease.  All in all it took her a solid 2 weeks to get used to her bed.  Now she is napping for 2-3 hours again daily so all is good.

Best Moment of the Week:  Anytime Savannah kisses my belly and says "I love my baby brother Shane"

Movement:  I think we have a kick boxer on our hands!

Symptoms:  All the usual stuff.  Getting more and more tired later in the day.  More and more hungry.  A few backaches.  Acid reflux like every darn day!

Food cravings/Aversions:  Nothing new to report

Gender:  Sweet little baby boy

What I miss:  Unlimited amounts of energy.

Looking Forward to:  Snuggling my baby boy and watching Savannah with him

Weekly Wisdom:  Don't sweat the small stuff

Milestones:  Less than 100 days to go!!!  91ish to be exact.  I go to the doctor next week for my glucose test, 28 week appointment and a Rhogam shot.  It should be a good time!

Dreams:  Nothing



Apple picking 10-9-11


So Shane's nursery is pretty much all set.  I need to make a decision on what I want for picture/pictures to hang over his changing table.  We are going with a sports theme room.  I don;t know if I should get 4 10x10 paintings and place them in a square over the table or get 1 20x30.  After hat I just need to find a few accessories and everything will be set.  Other than that we have everything we need.  I got him a bunch of clothes, diapers, swaddles, hats, burpcloths, bibs, cute little baby socks & blankets.  Prepairing for baby #2 is so much easier.  You know what you "need" and what is a waste.  With Savannah I got EVERYTHING I thought I could ever possible need.  Most of it ended up being a waste.  We are being much more practicle this time around.

I babysat my nephew's this past weekend and I loved all the snuggle time with little Jake!  He is such a chill baby.  I love feeding him!  He is formula fed so I mixed up my first bottle EVER!  Boob is so much easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment