So last Saturday, the 29th, we had a HUGE snow storm. This is fairly early for snow in our area and with most trees still having leaves it cause MAJOR problems. Problems as in we were out of power for 5 days again (just like 2 months ago with hurricane Irene). Luckily we have a generator but it still got old fast. Many people we know are still without power and the storm was 1 week ago today. I don't know how anyone with young children could be without a generator. We purchased ours during the ice storm of 2008 when S was only 6 months old. We were out then for 5 days also. We figured we may never use it again but it was the responsible thing to do. We are able to power our whole house (although not everything at the same time) other than out dishwasher & oven. So I was able to have warm showers, we watched dvd's (cable was out) and most importantly we had heat. A HUGE tree fell across the road and took down our powerlines.
My hanging baskets made it through the storm
I just did my fall window boxes last weekend.
Looks like it time for the Christmas ones already!
Not only were we without power for 5 days
but our road was also closed.
Our little helper
S had fun playing in the snow!
ugh! I hope you get power back soon!
ReplyDelete