I cannot believe that today you are one month old! It seems like you just made your appearance a few days ago but at the same time it feels like you have been in our family forever. It is hard to think how things would be without you. We all just adore you so very much! You have brought more joy into our home than we ever could have imagined.
You are such a snugglie little love! I wish I have an unlimited amount of time to just love up on you. Unfortunately, I don't. I am beyond busy during the day but I have found an awesome new way to cuddle with you. It's called...The Mo.by Wra.p. You and I absolutely love it. Dave, Audra & Jenson (our neighbors) gave it to us as a new baby gift a few weeks ago. I have to admit I was a little afraid of it at first. I had heard that there is quite the learning curve to putting it on. We finally tried it out the past Saturday. We have used it about 5-6 times in the past three days and you have fallen asleep with 5 minutes every single time! I think it makes you feel like you are back in the belly.
Sleep: You wake around 8am and stay away until about 11am. You will sleep until about 6pm waking every 3ish hours to eat. You will wake again at 6ish and stay awake until 9ish. During the night you wake every 2-3ish hours for a diaper change and to eat. You always fall back to sleep while eating. You have been having some gas trouble at night. You usually burp before going back into your pack n' play but within a few minutes of laying down you are moaning and groaning from what we think are gas pains. Daddy will lift you from lying to a sitting position and you normally burp and go right back to sleep. At your appointment on Thursday I am going to ask Dr. Jamie if she thinks we should give you gas drops. You often end up with hiccups after eating as well.
Feed: See above. When you eat you make the cutest nosies! You moan and groan with contentment. I think this is absolutely adorable. Sometimes you nurse just because you want to snuggle and be soothed. Not that you really ever get upset-because you don't.
Weight: 1-13: 8lbs 5 oz.
1-16: 8lbs 0.04oz.
1-19: 8lbs. 4oz.
1-26: 8lbs. 7oz.
2-16:
2-16:
Length: 1-13: 21 1/2 inches
2-16:
Diaper Size: Newborn
Clothes Size: You started wearing your 0-3 month clothing this past Wednesday (8th).
Hair Color: Brown
Eye color: Blue
Funniest moment: This past Sunday I stuck my tongue out at you while we were chatting. Guess what you did??? You stuck your tongue back out at me! We did this back and forth for about 10 minutes. Sooooooo cute!!!
Diaper Size: Newborn
Clothes Size: You started wearing your 0-3 month clothing this past Wednesday (8th).
Hair Color: Brown
Eye color: Blue
Funniest moment: This past Sunday I stuck my tongue out at you while we were chatting. Guess what you did??? You stuck your tongue back out at me! We did this back and forth for about 10 minutes. Sooooooo cute!!!
Milestone: You are gaining more and more strength in your neck. You will be holding your head up on your own all of the time very soon. You do pretty well but are a little wobbly still at times.
Firsts: We went to dinner at Grammy & Grampy's house last night for your first time. Like usual, we picked up Old Mem on the way and she joined us. We had homemade pizza for dinner.
*Last week we went to dinner at Mem & Pep's house for your first time. We had baked haddock & veggies.
*This past Thursday while sissy was at school you and I had our first shopping trip together. We went to Ol.d Na.vy to get you a pair of jeans and some socks. You slept in your car seat until you woke up hungry (I fed you in the car).
*This past Saturday you and I went to do some more shopping together. This time when you woke hungry I fed you in the dressing room at Ko.hl's.
*Last week we went to dinner at Mem & Pep's house for your first time. We had baked haddock & veggies.
*This past Thursday while sissy was at school you and I had our first shopping trip together. We went to Ol.d Na.vy to get you a pair of jeans and some socks. You slept in your car seat until you woke up hungry (I fed you in the car).
*This past Saturday you and I went to do some more shopping together. This time when you woke hungry I fed you in the dressing room at Ko.hl's.
Check-ups: You have your 1 month check up with Dr. Jamie this Thursday. I will be sure to update with your stats.
Mommy: Mommy is doing well. I have decided not to weigh myself until I go for my check up in two weeks. Daddy & I are going to eat better and start exercising regularly again on 3/1. Right now we are both enjoying eating what we want (with in reason).
Other stuff: Your Newborn pictures came in this week and we hung your frame in your room. I absolutely L-O-V-E it! My beautiful baby boy!
*Last weekend was the Super Bowl and our team, The Patriots, lost. This was a HUGE disappointment. We watched the game at home and had a fun little party.
*You still aren't a huge fan of your swing or bouncy seat. Hopefully things change.
*You have a bad case of baby acne (since about 10 days old). It breaks me heart to see your beautiful face and chest all broken out. Hopefully it will clear up soon.
*Sissy stared with a head cold yesterday. Hopefully she doesn't share her germs with you (or anyone else).
*Your bank account was opened this week thanks to a donation from Memere Jean & Pepere Norm.
*We have plans to bring you (and Sissy) out to dinner for your first time tomorrow in celebration of Valentine's Day. Grammy & Grampy offered to babysit butI am not ready to leave my boy we haven't given you a bottle yet.
*You only like the papi when you are in the mood for it. If you are sucking on it and it falls out you freak.
*I got you your first par of "big boy" shoes from Str.ide Ri.te on Saturday during our shopping trip together. Size 2 pre-walkers. I am so excited for you to wear them in a few months.
Other stuff: Your Newborn pictures came in this week and we hung your frame in your room. I absolutely L-O-V-E it! My beautiful baby boy!
*Last weekend was the Super Bowl and our team, The Patriots, lost. This was a HUGE disappointment. We watched the game at home and had a fun little party.
*You still aren't a huge fan of your swing or bouncy seat. Hopefully things change.
*You have a bad case of baby acne (since about 10 days old). It breaks me heart to see your beautiful face and chest all broken out. Hopefully it will clear up soon.
*Sissy stared with a head cold yesterday. Hopefully she doesn't share her germs with you (or anyone else).
*Your bank account was opened this week thanks to a donation from Memere Jean & Pepere Norm.
*We have plans to bring you (and Sissy) out to dinner for your first time tomorrow in celebration of Valentine's Day. Grammy & Grampy offered to babysit but
*You only like the papi when you are in the mood for it. If you are sucking on it and it falls out you freak.
*I got you your first par of "big boy" shoes from Str.ide Ri.te on Saturday during our shopping trip together. Size 2 pre-walkers. I am so excited for you to wear them in a few months.

What precious pictures! I love the one of his big sister holding him!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! I am so jealous that he likes the moby wrap- I wish Emily would have! He is adorable!
ReplyDeleteHi Liz- thanks for offering to help! Email me- theloststork@hotmail.com and I will send you the info. Thank you!!
ReplyDelete