Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Better

I am happy to report that last night went much better for us.  Shane slept last night from 7pm until about 7:30pm.  At 9:30pm Jay brought him for a car ride to help him fall asleep.  I guess he cried for about 10 minutes but then fell asleep (they were gone for a half hour).  As soon as they returned home he woke up crying.  I nursed him and he fell back asleep at about 11pm.  I snuck him back to his bed and he (Jay and I too) slept until 2:30am!!!  When I ever saw the time of the clock when he woke up I was sooooo happy!  I nursed him and he fell back asleep again at 3:45am (he fell asleep while nursing but I rocked him for a while to make sure he was good and sleeping).  He then slept until 6am.  I nursed him again and he has been sleeping since 6:40ish-it's now 7:05am.  Hopefully we are on the road to recovery.  I wish I could drink unlimited amounts of coffee!

The only thing we did different last night was we ave him 3 quarter doses (1/4 teaspoon-20 minutes apart) of Gripe Water.  About 10ish minutes after giving him the water he burped and/or pooped.  Hopefully it was helping him.  I am not a fan of medications but I do feel better that this is supposedly a natural remedy and the main ingredients are made from organic ingredients.  I think Gripe Water and gas drops are pretty much the same thing.  This water got really good review online which is why we chose it.  Hopefully today I will be able to shower ;-)

3 comments:

  1. We use Gripe water for hiccups but I'll have to try it with gas. Thanks for the tip! What brand is it? I think we use Mother's Bliss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad last night went better momma! And I hope you got to shower today! I love me a hot shower, so I think I am definitely going to miss that when baby girl arrives! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gas drops never worked for us but we swear by gripe water!! It was our life saver when Emily had colic. Also, the vacuum worked she would fall asleep anytime we ran it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete