So tomorrow is March 1st but we are pretending it's January 1st. Tomorrow Jay and I are starting our healthy eating & exercise programs. Jay will be doing P9.0X with a high protein, low fat and low carb diet and I am doing Wei.ght Watc.hers. I will not be attending meetings (no time for them) but I will be acting as if I am. I did WW after I had Savannah so I know the drill. I found the old points system very easy and I loved it so that's what I will be doing. At 3 months postpartum with Savannah I weighed exactly the same as I do now at 7 weeks pp, 144lbs. My goal is 125 (I am 5' 7"). We are going to eat fresh fruit & veggies, whole grains, local free range meat & milk and as much organic as possible. It is going to be so much easier now that Jay is on board with this. I try to buy organic as much as possible but it is so dang expensive Jay has been resistant since we are a single income family. I finally got him to understand that if we are eating less food we can definitely afford for it to be of better quality.
So the second piece to this is exercise. I absolutely LOVE to exercise but exercise = time. Time is something I just don't have these days (hence my absence ob Blog.ger lately). I decided that I am going to set an exercise goal of 3x weekly for myself. Jay and I have agreed that we will each fit in 1 hour of exercise each day on the weekends. I "should" be able to exercise 1x during the week. I have a treadmill (that I have an unhealthy love for) and I will be getting a recumbent cycle as soon as we can get to the store. I updated my IP.OD yesterday so I am good to go! I am soooooooo excited!!!
I am the opposite- I hate exercising! Good luck reaching your goals!
ReplyDeleteWe should be accountability partners! I am also doing weight watchers online. It's so tough to exercise and eat healthy, but I want to stay healthy for my kids. :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds good! I think I am going to try and do weekly posts to keep me on track.
Delete