Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Trees

I know I have been a little MIA lately.  I have been so busy with the kids, Thanksgiving & now Christmas.  I thought I would do a post about my Christmas trees.  It's no secret, I love Christmas.  My husband and I joke that I am half human and half elf!  Every year I try and decorate things a little more around the house.  It is hard being on a tight budget, ugh, the down fall of being a 1 income family.  I plan to plug away at it every year but my goal is to someday have a Christmas tree in every room of our house.  We currently have 6!

Since we moved into our new house in 2009, we have been cutting a real tree at Jay's uncle's tree farm.


Our tree




 
It was just about bedtime and Shane wasn't feeling up to pictures



A few of our favorite ornaments
 





 
Savannah's tree

 
Savannah with her tree in 2010
Look how little she was!!!
 
 

Shane's Tree
 

 
This ceramic tree is in our kitchen.  It is extra special to me because my Mom painted it for my grandmother over 30 years ago.  We also had one in our home growing up so it reminds me of my childhood.  When we were cleaning out my grandparents house after they both had passed, I had requested to have it.  I love it! 
 
 
This is the tree in my dining room 
I just got it last year so it is a work in progress.  It is a primitive style tree so it isn't very full.
 
 
Our playroom tree
This was the first tree we had as a family together.  It brings a smile to my face all year round because I don't bother to take it down ;-)
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Firstly, I've missed you and your posts and your beautiful kiddos!!! :) Glad to see a post! But totally understand the time being spent with the kids and the holidays.

    Love all of your trees!!! How adorable that the kids each have one. I put one in Alidia's room this week but still haven't decorated it yet. Then we have one main family one... which the damn cats keep knocking down!!! :(

    - Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have so many trees! We usually do three, one being the same ceramic tree you have! I don't know what it is about those trees that seem to take us all back to our childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HMMM...I just wrote out a whole comment and then poof! something happened and it went away. ugh..

      Anyway, it basically said I LOVE YOUR TREES!! And I love seeing the up close pics of your ornaments!

      Delete
    2. aaaaaand I have no idea why that went as a reply to Steph's comment. I am obviously having issues today...

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the idea of having a tree in every room. I love all the decorations as well!

    ReplyDelete