Our house has been super sick these last few weeks. Savannah was sick over Christmas, got pink eye during her first week back at school after Christmas break and then I got an awful head cold that last for two weeks. Since Shane is still nursing, I don't take any medication other then Tyle.nol. Last Friday, Shane started feeling sick and it has been all down hill ever since. I think we are finally (knock on wood) on the road to recovery.
Shane started feeling sick on a Friday and I brought him to the Pedi to have his breathing checked. He was breathing weird but it turned out it was just a result of the fever he had. They listened to his lungs and checked his ears and both were fine. He got worse and worse as the days went on. That Monday night he wouldn't sleep in his bed. He just cried, cried and cried (and got a bloody nose) so I held him on my chest on the couch all.night.long. He slept well but I didn't sleep a wink. When he woke up one of his eyes was crusted totally shut. We brought him back to the doctor that morning (Tuesday) and he had two ear infections & pink eye in both eyes. I was actually releived that he had the ear infection beacuse I honsetly didn't know what to do to help him. I felt like he needed medication but I know many viruses don't react to meds & you just have to let them run their course. I was stupid and thought the meds would help within a few hours but it took a full 48 freaking hours until they helped with his pain. We were still giving him Tylenol but it wasn't helping him when he would lay down. I even drove around with him in the car for 2 hours so he could sleep in his carseat. We had to sleep with him on the couch for another 3 nights. I did the second night and Jay did the last two because I wanted to die. Jay said he slept decent on the couch. Savannah was sent home from school on Wednesday with pink eye & Jay woke up with it on Thursday. Thankfully I never cough it. I did end up with another horrible head cold and Jay now does also. I swear to you this is because of Pre-School. Savannah got the stomach bug 1 time before she started school but other than that was 100% healthy for her first 3 years of life.
It broke my heart to see my little buddy like this.
The only good thing about Shane being sick was all the snuggles we got. This boy has never been a big snuggler so it was great to hold him and just on love him.
He stood up for a long time when he started feeling better!
So proud of you Bubba!
Jay brought me home a dozen roses one day after work because he felt so bad for me. Taking care of a miserable sick baby for 7 days is so draining! I really appreciated that since he only gets me flowers on holidays. Also, he lined up his parents to watch the kids today so we could have a day date. We went to lunch at my favorite Mexican restaraunt, then grocery shopping at Tra.der Jo.e's & we stopped at a coffee house and enjoyed a coffee & dessert. It was amazeballs!
Oh you poor woman!!! That sounds utterly exhausting! So glad everyone is on the mend and that the hubby was extra sweet to you :)
ReplyDeleteYea for a day date! We had one yesterday too...so much fun and much needed.
ReplyDeleteI am glad your house is on the mend. I don't know how you did it woman!
So sorry to hear about all the sicknesses that were going around your house!!! :( Poor kiddos. I can't imagine how tough that was on you. So glad your husband was able to help with the sleeping and even got you flowers. What a sweetie :) Hope everyone is doing a lot better now and glad you got a nice day date yesterday. Sounds tasty!!
ReplyDeleteAlso glad to have you back with photos!!!
WOW, sounds like you guys have had a rough week. You poor mama not sleeping and taking care of a sleep family, it's soooo hard! That's so sweet that your hubby sent you flowers and you guys got to spend time together, very thoughtful! Hope you all stay healthy from here on out, no more germs, bugs or sickness!
ReplyDelete