Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Trying Cloth

Dudes!  I am about to give cloth diapering a try!  I honestly can't believe it.  I am so excited!  I wanted to try cloth when I was pregnant with Shane but I wasn't sure how I would do adjusting to a second baby & taking on more laundry didn't make it on the pro side of my list.

Jen at Miller Musings has been doing a few cloth diaper posts (check her blog out!  It's one of my favorites) that really got me thinking maybe it wasn't too late to give it a try.  I soooooooo HATE buying diapers every month.  I feel like we are taking $50+ and throwing it in the trash-because that's exactly what we are doing.

After some research, and q & a's with a few friends, I have decided to give it a go!  I just ordered 3 different diapers to try (per advisement of friends) so I can see which diaper works best for us prior to making the investment.

All of the diapers were on sale so I got them all for $50.29.  That is super cheep I guess for cloth.  I got a BumGenius 4.0 pocket(with the snaps) ($17.95), a FuzziBunz Elite pocket ($16.95) & a Charlie Banana one size ($15.39) in a super cute robot pattern.  I ordered from Dia.pers.com so my diapers will be delivered tomorrow.

Hopefully I can get this damn picture situation figured out soon so I can share pictures with you of my little diaper dude!  So excited!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thank you so much Kelly & Fiona for answering all my diaper dumb question.  It's so dang confusing!

8 comments:

  1. I was just going to ask if you had talked to Kelly! Good luck with the cloth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear what you think of it! I just asked JJ the other night if he would consider using cloth with the new baby and he nixed the idea...for now. We've lost our connection of getting diapers really cheap so I think he will be very unimpressed once he realizes how much money we will be spending every month. We basically haven't had to buy diapers for Chloe up to this point. HUGE money saver for sure! Anyway, please update us once you've used them a while to let us know what you think. I had planned on putting a post out there to asking questions and links to people who have already shared their experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know what we think Steph. You really should read Jen's recent posts. She talks all about it. It is VERY detailed and the whole things is confusing. There are like a million different diapers to pick from!

      Delete
    2. I had to come back and say I've spent the afternoon reading her posts (VERY VERY helpful) and I'm going to talk to JJ again to see if he'll let us try. Chloe is still in diapers, plus we have at least two years I'm guessing with the new little one, and based on the breakdown she gave you - that's a lot of money to save! I had no idea there were so many diapers out there, but I like that trial deal she posted a link to. I think I'm gonna put up a similar post as you tonight to see what kind of advice/suggestions I get.

      Delete
  3. Yay! So glad you are going to go ahead and give it a try. If you think of any others questions at all, definitely let me know and I'll try my best to help. I really love it and fully recommend it. I should really do a cloth diaper post at some point, especially now that we are a year into it. I'll try to get on that soont! :) How great that you were able to find some good deals. That is awesome. There always seem to be deals out there if you look. Let us know how it goes once they arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you have decided to give it a go! I definitely think you made the right decision buying a few at first to see what you like. Different things work for different babies/toddlers. I am always here for any questions you have. I know when I was first starting I had SO MANY questions that I was scared to ask people but I couldn't really find the answers those questions. I can't wait until you get your diapers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz! Just hopped over from Blawnde's Blog and wanted to let you know that I have cloth diapered Drew since a few weeks old. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me! I have transitioned several of my 'real-life' friends over to cloth with success and can help you with anything. You definitely did the right thing by buying different brands at first! Keep me updated on how it goes! I have posted before about detergents, stripping, sunning, etc, etc so feel free to peak around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by and you offer to help! You Bloggie friends are so awesome! I will look into your posts.

      Delete