Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Disney Vacation

Photomosaic-ing Your Disney Vacation

I have begun the daunting task of planning our families first trip to Dis.ney Wo.rld.  Savannah is the prefect age with a princess obsession and Shane is free so we figured this would be a good time.  We have a small airport about 20 minutes away from home that has been closed for a few years.  Je.t Bl.ue just announced last week that they would be opening the airport up this coming November and flying to a few different places.  Orla.ndo & Fo.rt Laud.erdale (where Jay's grandparents have a second home) are among the destinations..  I booked our plane tickets the day they made this announcement because I knew this was the only way we would make it on a plane with two young children (luggage for 4, 2 small strollers, carry on bags, 2 car seats.  OMG!  Kill me now!).

We have decided to fly into Orla.ndo, stay inside Disney for 4 nights, go to the parks then rent a car and make the drive to Fort Lauderdale.  Jay's grandparents are so excited that we will be coming for a visit!  There isn't too much to do with little ones in their area but we will be ready to just lay low.  They have a condo with a pool & we will go to the beach.

I have only been to Dis.ney 1 time before for 2 quick days.  Any advice welcome!!!  Please!!!  I need help.  I don't really know what we should do on our trip.  We will be purchasing the meal plan and booking a few character dinners for the kids.  I also want to bring Savannah to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

5 comments:

  1. No suggestions, but just wanted to say have a wonderful time!! That sounds like such a fun trip to go on with a family. I'm looking forward to doing it too several years down the road once our kids are a bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO advice either, but if you are a pinterest type person, search on Disney trips and they have SO MANY pins full of advice for the perfect Disney trip with little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been once to Disney and it was so fun, however I didn't really pay much attention to the activities geared for kids since we didn't have them at the time. I would recommend that you continue to research and find out more, but I think whatever you do, your family will have a blast! You will make so many awesome memories together and get awesome pictures. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me really really want to go to Disney very soon!!! Anthony isn't convinced though and thinks we should wait until Lids is older but can't we go then too?! ;) I have been twice as a young child and then once when I was around 20 and drove down from Canada. Loved it every time!! You guys are going to have such a blast!!! I don't know what to recommend for family visits as the last time I went was all about grown up stuff but I know you will find so many great things to do. Can't wait to hear all about it once you go! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your feelings Fiona! We are really doing this trip now for Savannah. Shane will have fun but he is really too young to really understand. We will go again when he is a few years older. The trip is free for him at this age (other than airfare & his food).

      Delete