Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Goals for 2014

Greetings!  It's the world's worst blogger checking in to share my personal goals for 2014.  I have been trying so hard to read & catch up on the blogs that I follow now that school is back in session.  I have been trying for months weeks to share a post of my own.  Here we go!

1.  Put down the phone/computer
I spend way too much time on my phone.  Like WAAAAAY.  I need to make a conscious effort to put my phone down.  All those quick checks on FB, IG & Pint.erest really add up.

2.  Be a better Mom
I need to spend more time playing and less time stressing.  I think my problem is that I feel like I am downing in "things to do".  With every day that passes my babies are growing older and older.  You can easily loose track of time & when it's gone, it's gone.  I also need to work on my patience with Savannah.  I need to remember she a child and I shouldn't get as frustrated as I sometimes do.

3.  Be healthier
Last year was probably my healthiest year to date.  I cooked more than ever, we had a bangin' garden & I fell in love with running.  Then the Holidays came around and we kinda threw in the towel.  Now that school is back in session I have a little more time to devote to health.  Not counting Monday's take-out pizza-we have been eating better.  I have ran twice this week and plan on running weekly at least 3 times.  I would be so psyched if I could pound out 500+ miles in 2014.  10 miles a week is doable.    I have also started using My Fit.ness Pal again to track my food & exercise.  For some reason I do so much better when I document.  Elizdubois if you would like to follow!
On a side note-I would highly recommend C2.5K or C21.0K by Zen Labs app if you are looking for a way to start running.  I did C2.5K last spring and C21.0K in the Fall & again now.  It awesome & free.

4.  Blog
I seriously need to blog.  It's not that hard.  Sit at the computer and type. 

So there you go.  My main goal for 2014.  I have a few small goals too.  Like be more organized, eat more veggies & play outside more (if it's ever warm again).

If you haven't already shared, what are some of your goals for this New Year?  I'd love for you to share!

4 comments:

  1. I too am ready to get healthy again! I just started that T25 workout and it's kicking my butt! When it gets to be Springtime again, I hope to do Couch25K as well. I gotta lose this baby weight! I wish I could take more time to blog and comment too. I want to post, but life gets too busy and then I'm ready for bed in the evenings! LOL Your garden is so impressive! I want to try to plant a small one this year and see how I do, then get bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so need to get healthy again. My best friend is getting married in October and I don't want to be the chubby bridesmaid.

    Here's to a healthy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great goals!! It sounds like you did a great job of being healthy last year so I am sure, now that the holidays have past, you will have no problem acing it in 2014! I really need to do this too but since getting pregnant, I have been awful at cooking (makes me feel sick to deal with meat) and exercising (no energy, so tired) but I can't keep making excuses and must get back at it soon!!

    Good luck with all of your goals! You've got this! :)

    Oh and excited to see one is to blog more, as I have missed you!! I know I need to do this too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um these are all things I need to do too!! Good luck with your goals- I'll be right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete