Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Oily House Friday

 
 

Today I would like to join Bridget over at Just Being Bridget for Oily House Friday.


On Monday, Savannah started with a fever.  I started & continued to diffuse (love my new diffuser) OnGuard like crazy all week and using OnGuard & Lavender on our (kids & I) feet twice a day also (Savannah 4x daily). 

I used Peppermint on Savannah for her fever-applied to her feet, spine, back of neck & behind her ears.  It didn't take away her fever but I definitely feel like it helped.

For some reason Jay does not like use oils proactively so he didn't use anything.

By Wednesday, Jay & I were starting to not feel so great ourselves. 
We both felt very tired and achy.  At this point we would both normally start taking Airborne for support but I wanted to use our oils.  I did a little research on Pint.erest and found a recipe for THE BOMB. 

Fill a veggie capsule with 5 drops OnGuard, 4 drops Lemon, 3 drops Oregano, 2 drops Frankincense & 1 drop Peppermint.  Take 4 capsules per day for 5-7 days to help fight infections, sore throats & viruses.  

***DO NOT fill capsules now to be taken later*** 
They will disintegrate.
I learned this the hard way.

I had a little trouble fitting all of that into a capsule so I used 4 drops OnGuard & 3 drops of Lemon.

I took my BOMBS for 2 days and then was fine while Jay developed a head cold that he is still fighting.  I'm not sure why I lucked out.  It very well is because I was applying my oils topically & also diffusing.

I hope to be back next week to share more.  I am absolutely in love with my doTE.RRA oils!

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Steve wasn't an oil user until he got HFM and now he swears by them! So glad they are working for you guys!! And thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for oily houses! Lonnie doesn't use the oils very much either but I have caught him sniffing the peppermint! I just ordered some veggie caps yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! So glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been surprised how much JJ has used the oils and when C got a hold of the peppermint and dumped the whole thing his response was "that sucks b/c it's the only thing that helps my migraines." The guy who turns to meds for everything actually said the oil is what helps the best! Glad you have been enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear how much you are loving your oils and how much they are helping!! I don't think Anthony will be very into them (mine arrive this Thursday Yay!!) but we'll see. Maybe he will surprise me... especially if he gets sick and as whiny as usual, I am sure he'll try anything then! :)

    ReplyDelete