Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

17 Weeks OMG!

How far along:  17 weeks!!!
 
Size of Baby:  Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

Maternity Clothes:  All maternity bottoms but still all normal tops.  I am excited to sometime soon need my maternity tops but they are all still rather big as of now.

Weight Gain:  A little over 5 pounds total

Stretch Marks:  None

Belly Button:  Getting shallower and shallower.  I am sure Edna will advise me to remove my ring at my next appointment (2 weeks from today).

Sleep:   Sleep was AWFUL last week.  It would take forever to fall asleep and then I would wake up 3-4 times during the night due to being in an uncomfortable position.  I decided I needed to try something different.  I have two spare (very full) down pillows.  I place one on each side of me like a body pillow.  This allows me to sort of sleep on my side/belly but mostly on the pillow.  It is VERY comfortable.  I take the other pillow and I shove it behind my back.  I have been sleeping awesome ever since!!!  I am sure this is only temporary.

Best Moment of the Week:  On Sunday the three of us went to brunch together.  We had a wonderful time.  Tomorrow night Jay and I are going to get Mexican just the two of us.  Ahhhhhhh!  A nice relaxing meal!

Movement:  A few night this week I have felt a few flutters/swooshings at bedtime.  I <3 it!

Symptoms:  Headaches & Fatigue

Food cravings/Aversions:  Neither the past couple of weeks.  I eat and get full quickly but and then STARVING soon after!

Gender:  13 days till our scan & 24 days till the big reveal.  I am getting sooooo excited!

What I Miss:  I miss being able to hold my bladder for long periods of time.  I am saying this with 100% seriousness.

Looking forward to:  Seeing the baby in 2 weeks at the U/S and celebrating our baby with our family on the 27th.

Weekly Wisdom:

Milestones:  17 weeks!

Dreams:  None

A few pics from our Sunday morning brunch.  This is the same location where
our wedding reception was held 5 years ago this October.











1 comment:

  1. You look great! What an awesome place to have brunch, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete