How far along: 28 weeks & happy 3rd trimester to me! Holy cow this has gone by so fast!
Size of Baby:
*Putting on layers of fat, your baby now weighs in around 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and measures about 13.6 to 14.8 inches.
*By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
*Welcome to the third trimester! Moms-to-be who are at 28 weeks and beyond are known for their lack of sleep. Remember if you find yourself up in the middle of the night, do something relaxing. This is not the time to vacuum the house from top to bottom -- even though you might feel the urge to do that at some point. Read a book, drink chamomile tea, listen to soothing music. Then try to get back to bed and get some rest! Being in the third trimester also means much of your and baby’s anatomy are ready to go -- she's prepping for breathing, and your breasts already have colostrum, which is what baby will eat the first few days until your milk comes in. You’ll also start feeling more Braxton Hicks contractions as your body gets ready for labor. Baby will keep getting bigger -- and smarter -- after week 28, and other than that, she just needs a few more finishing touches.
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much
Weight Gain: Down .2 from last week. Today at my doctors appointment I was up 4 pounds since my last appointment 5 weeks ago.
Stretch Marks: Still nothing (knock on wood)
Belly Button: "Open"
Sleep: A tad better this past week. Savannah is still getting up at 6:30am but a few times I haven't woken up after falling asleep at about 10pm until 6am. I could still use another hour or so to sleep but I will take what I can get!
Best Moment of the Week: Entering into the 3rd and final trimester!
Movement: I am not sure if it is just my lack of memory but this little guys seems to be more active than his big sister was. He goes through his "sleep" periods but then he has his "off the wall times". He is far more active after dinner until bed than the rest of the day.
Symptoms: Nothing new other than I had a bloody nose two night that lasted just over an hour. I didn't think it was EVER going to stop. Within the next few weeks we are having a humidifier put into our heating system so hopefully this helps. We haven't even turned on the heat yet!
Food cravings/Aversions: Nothing new to report
Gender: Sweet little baby boy
What I miss:
Looking Forward to: I booked maternity pictures for this Sunday. I know I am a little early but I stared swelling at the end with Savannah so I would like to have pictures taken w/o a big puffy face. I feel HUGE but pretty much just in my belly area. I want to look "good" in my pictures and not tired and run down.
Weekly Wisdom: "This is just a phase". Referring to Savannah's early wake up times and crabby moods since we have changed her bed. I visited the library yesterday and took out "The Hap.piest Tod.dler on the Blo.ck" for a little advice. Hope it helps! Savannah asked why we were going to the library today and I told her it was to get a book to help me teach her how to not act naughty sometimes. Her response was "Mom, just take away my Hannah". Hannah is her favorite teddy bear that she picked out for her brother but will NEVER make it to him. Hannah has been her BFF since she was purchased the day after we found out what we were having.
Milestones: Entering into the third and final trimester of my last ever pregnancy (tear)
Dreams: None
Today I had my 28 week appointment. Not too much to report. I had all the usual done (weight, urine & blood pressure) along with the 1 hour glucolse tolerance test and rhogam shot. From now on I will start going for monitoring every two weeks! Wow! These weeks are really flying by!
Happy 3rd trimester!!
ReplyDeleteYeah! Homestretch time :)
ReplyDeleteWhat is the difference between a Chinese cabbage and a regular cabbage? :) If this baby was a regular cabbage, would it be bigger...or smaller? And why are these comparisons always to food items? The baby could be the size of a bocci ball. ;)
That bloody nose must have been startling! Yikes! I hope you don't have any more of those.