Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall Soccer

This fall Savannah played soccer for the first time.  We signed her up back in the spring and she was very excited to play.  I know how she is in new situations so against his will I signed Jay up to be an  assistant coach.  The first month was pretty rough.  Savannah would do OK for the first 15 minutes of the hour long practice/game and then she would constantly leave the field to see Shane and I on the sideline.  She would often cry and say she didn't want to play.  It didn't help that she only knew 1 boy on her team (from pre-school) and the other girl on the team didn't like playing either and eventually quit.  I explained to her that she had wanted to play so we signed her up and that she needed to finish the season.  Wouldn't you know that by the end of the season she FINALLY started to enjoy herself .  I asked her this morning if she was sad that today was her last day of soccer.  She told me no because she was going to play again in the spring.  She is such a little turkey.

 
Today was the final day of Fall Soccer 2012.
 








1 comment:

  1. Way to go Savannah!! Good for her for sticking with it (and good for you for making her) even once she was the only girl. Glad to hear she liked it in the end. I loved soccer as a little girl!

    ..And your husband makes quite the hunky assistant coach if I do say so my self! ;)

    ReplyDelete