-We have started sleep training this week with Shane. He was doing fairly well in the sleep department (going to bed at 8pm, waking for a snack at 4am & waking for the day around 7am) until last week. He started waking at 11pm and then every 1 1/2-2 hours for the rest of the night. Not good. NOT GOOD at all! Technically the training started at 3am Tuesday morning. I was so.dang.tired that I just couldn't sit and nurse him back to sleep {again} so I let him cry it out. He cried for 30 minutes then slept until 7:30am. Tuesday night he went to bed early (7pm) and work at 10pm. He cried for about 40 minutes then did wake again until 7:15am. Last night he went to bed at 8pm and slept until 6:30am! Booyah!
-We have stopped Savannah's afternoon naps. She was still falling asleep quickly at 2pm and sleeping until 5pm daily. However she couldn't fall asleep at bedtime (8pm). The poor kid would lay in bed singing songs to herself for over an hour. Now that we have stopped nap she falls asleep withing 10 minutes of hitting the pillow.
-We have really been cracking down on Savannah's behavior since the weekend. The weekend was pretty hard but she has been really really good all week. Keep it up girlfriend! We went shopping yesterday and she wanted to get two things. I normally would have just gotten them both for her but I am trying to stop this as well. I told her that if she behaved herself while I was shopping she could pick 1. She was good and wanted both when it was time to go. She started acting up a little but I stuck to my guns. I gave her ample warning and told her if she didn't make a choice & straighten up she wasn't getting either. She changed her tune and made her decision. Good girl!
-Shane is working on two more teeth! As of now, he has 5 teeth so this will make 7!
-We are down to nursing 4 times a day. First thing in the morning, morning nap, afternoon nap & bedtime. This makes me sad. My boy is growing up too fast.
-I am going to have a cowgirl & a cowboy for Hallo.ween! It was going to be Cinde.rella & Pri.nce Char.ming but Savannah had a change of heart.
-I am trying so had to live in the moment of life and not get swallowed up by the future. My mind is always thinking of what I need to be doing now to make later easier. I need to stop and enjoy the NOW. My kids are growing up way too fast. I need to enjoy this time because I will never get it back.
-The kids had pictures taken a few weeks ago. The session was pretty much a flop because both kids were sick with colds and were asleep in the car. They weren't really in the mood to ham it up. Savannah did pretty good but Shane wasn't having it. Right after she took the picture of Shane in the wagon (looking like a chubby, crabby old man) he fell out of the wagon but I caught him 1inch before he landed on his face. Oh! And the last picture-I don't know if I love it or hate it! My little nerd baby! Haha! And yes, thank you, my daughter is freaking beautiful.
One more quick thing-I want to thank everyone for the advice on my last post. We have gone ahead and invited my in-law's, brother in-law & his new chick over for Sunday's football game. I am proud to say - this was MY idea.









So many good things in this post!! We had to do CIO with Emily and it was so hard but it worked. Great job sticking to your guns with S, it will be good for her in the long run!
ReplyDeleteGreat job with the CIO!!! I am so happy for you that it worked and he is now sleeping so well. Hope it continues! Also great to hear that S is behaving herself more and more this week.
ReplyDeleteI am so inlove with those photos you had done of the two of them!!! ADORABLE!!!
Great to hear you got out and got some new clothes. I really need to do this too! I did buy my first pair of skinny jeans while in NYC though! ;) I actually love mine and feel good in them.. which made me realize I need more clothes like that which I feel good in!
Can't wait to see photos of your little cowgirl and cowboy on Halloween! :)