Shane's doctor called last night to say that he tested negative for a milk allergy but positive for nut. They also tested him for soy, wheat, egg white & yoke and they were all negative. They also ran a test to see how allergic he is (not to the nuts but in general) and this came back negative. Dr M. said that this could very well be a false positive especially because we have no family history of nut allergies. She consulted with a Pedi Allergist who said both Shane & I (because he is still nursing) can't have any nuts. Whomp whomp whomp! I love nuts and eat them often. For the record Shane hasn't had nuts directly that we are aware of.
So the plan is to retest him at his 18 month well check and if he were to test positive again he would need to see an allergist for further testing. Because both him & I will not be eating nuts between then and now I guess it isn't likely to have another false positive.
I am going to go cry now because I just bought a monster bag of organic cashews on Sunday and I can't eat them.
Awwww...hopefully at 18 months he won't test positive for nuts!!! How sad that you can't eat him, but I'm glad the rest of his results are good!
ReplyDeleteI am glad he doesn't have a milk allergy though. I think that would be awful.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the nuts.
Oh no! I'm sorry about the nuts. We eat a boatload of peanut butter here so that would be hard. Glad it isn't a milk allergy though...that would be even harder!!!
ReplyDeleteI was so happy to read that he doesn't have a milk allergy... which is great by the way.. but so sorry to hear about the nuts!!! :( I really hope that comes back negative at the retest in a few months because nuts are damn good! You can just send those cashews my way for now though ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! I am bummed about the nuts too but I know it could be much worse.
ReplyDelete