Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

8 Weeks

How far along: 8 weeks

Size of baby:  Your baby is now 5/8 of an inch long, about the size of a kidney bean. New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. His arms have lengthened, too, and his hands are now flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart. His knee joints have formed, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.

Maternity Clothes:  Not yet but I am feeling rounder and rounder.  All of my maternity clothes are Fall & Winter so hopefully I can't hold out for a good part of the summer.

Weight Gain: 129.8

Stretch Marks: None

Belly Button: No change

Sleep:  A tiny bit better than the previous few weeks.  Now it's getting hot so I am sure I will start having problems again.  We have central air but don't like to use it due to the expense.  At least we have it if I need it!

Best Moment of the Week:  I called to have my doctor appointment moved from the end of the month to the day after we return from vacation.  I am freaking out and I just want to know everything is OK.  I am naturally a worrier and now that has been magnified times 100 since having a loss.  I thought everything was OK before and it wasn't.  I just need some reassurance.

Movement:  Not yet.

Symptoms:  Just the usual.  Fatigue, bloating & nausea.

Food Cravings/Aversions:  Still having trouble with dinner meals.  I eat a good breakfast & usually skip lunch (I know I shouldn't).  I am always snacking on healthyish things.  Yogurt, cheese & fresh fruit.  Bagels from Du.nkin Donuts are on my top ten list!  I only usually get one on the weekend.

Gender:  Last Friday my Mother-in-Law did the old needle trick and it said girl.  Chinese gender says boy.

What I Miss:  Feeling "good" and comfortable.  I am 75% of the time in discomfort.  It's OK.  I don't mind.

Looking Forward to:  We leave for our vacation to NH next Friday.  I am soooooo looking forward to this.  My friend, her husband and their 2 girls rented a house in New Hampshire with us for 3 nights.  We will be taking the girls to Santa's Village & Story Land.  It should be a ton of fun!
The day after we get back from vacation I have my 2nd OB appointment.  It wasn't supposed to be until the end of the month but I moved the appointment up.  I just want to be sure everything is going OK in there.  I am a nervous wreck.

Weekly Wisdom:

Milestones: Yay for 8 weeks!

Dreams:  None I can remember

No comments:

Post a Comment