Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

9 Weeks

How far along: 9 Weeks

Size of Baby: 
Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

Maternity Clothes:  Thankfully not yet.  I am happy that I own a lot of long flowy tops.  Those will hopefully get me till the cooler weather.

Weight Gain:  128.8

Stretch Marks: None

Belly Button: No change

Sleep:  Sleep is getting a little better every week.  I get up about 1 time a night to use the bathroom.  I usually fall asleep fairly well and only wake to pee.  We are leaving for a 3-night vacation on Friday morning and we will be sleeping in a full bed.  Good luck to us!  I don't know how this is going to go!  HAHA!

Best Moment of the Week:  The "world" still doesn't know I am pregnant so it is still hard to "feel" pregnant.  I told my dear friend who we are going away with this weekend.  I didn't want to keep it from her in case I am a little below the weather while we are away.  We are going to Story Land and Santa's Village with the kids (OMG it's going to be so much fun) so I will not be able to go on any of the fun rides.  Which is fine.  I would rather be preggo!

Symptoms:  This past week I have had a few horrible headaches and a few days of severe nausea.  My head was so bad on Monday all day.  It was throbbing from the time I woke up until I went to bed.  Awful.  Thank goodness I felt good on Tuesday.  I really would have hated to have had to go another day like that.

Food Cravings/Aversions:  I wouldn't really say I have cravings but some things just sound extra good to me.  Like a few days this past week I really wanted toast with peanut butter.  One of the blogs I follow posted a picture of peanut butter toast with sliced bananas.  Jay will eat this from time to time but I have NEVER even considered it.  Well after seeing the picture, I had to give it a try.  And it was super fab!

Gender:  2 1/2 more months!  10 weeks to go!  I'll start a little countdown!

What I Miss:  Not much other than just feeling well.  I don;t really mind all that much.  I know it is part of the deal  I will miss going on the water log ride at Story Land with Jay & Savannah.  She L-O-V-E-D it last year.
(Not a picture of us but you get the idea)
The Yule Log Flume
Looking Forward to:  I am soooooo looking forward to getting away for some fun this weekend.  The day after we get back (Tuesday) I have my second OB appointment.

Weekly Wisdom:  Don't sweat the small stuff

Milestones:  9 weeks!

Dreams:  I am kinda embarrassed to say but last night I had a naughty dream about two of the guys on the Bachelorette.  Ryan Park & J.P.  My 2 favorites!  Pretty strange.  I don't usually dream like that!  HAHA!


In other news, Jay and I had a date night this past Friday.  We went for a quick bite to eat at Qdoba.  I ALWAYS get a Chicken Mango Sald in the summer.  So yummy!


Then we went to see Hangover 2.  It was very similar to the first one (which we knew) but oh so funny!


We leave for vacation to The White Mountains NH in 2 days and I haven't packed one thing or made a single list!  Very unlike me!  VERY!  I am usually packed for a trip 2 weeks in advance and I have everything all set to go by now.  I just have been feeling crummy and I have been putting it off.  I felt good yesterday and was planning on doing a bunch of packing yesterday at Savannah's nap time but my baby got bit by 2 may flies on her foot and had a reaction.  I had to bring her to her doctor so that took up most of the afternoon.  Good news is she should be fine.  The just had to watch the area.  Make sure the swelling goes down (it was the size of a small orange) and watch for "hardness".  It was turning almost purple so that is why I brought her to the doctor.  As the day went on the color was lightening.  I will check it again when she wakes up today.

Here is a cute picture from yesterday.  We went to the grocery store after Pre-School to pick up a few things.  She wanted a new box of Band-Aids so I put it in her own little bag after checkout.  This is what she had done by the time when got home!



I need to mention that last Wednesday, June 1st, our area was hit by a bunch of devastating tornado's.  I know, Tornado's don't happen in Massachusetts.  Well they did and the devastation that was cause is unimaginable.  Our little town of Spencer was so lucky to have not been affected.  Some of our neighboring towns were leveled.  It is so heartbreaking to see the damage.  4 people were killed and I seriously don't understand how hundreds we not killed.    I will try to update this post with some pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment