Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

14 Weeks

How far along:   14 weeks

Size of Baby: 
This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.

This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.

Maternity Clothes:  I have decided it's time to bring on the maternity bottoms.  I still fit in some of my regular bottoms but they aren't very comfortable.  A friend of mine sold me a few shorts and they are great.  I placed an online order with Old Navy this week & Motherhood Maternity.  I am all set for fall & winter from Savannah's pregnancy.

Weight Gain:  I had my 14 week check up today and I had not gained anything since 4 weeks ago.  She said that is normal and nothing to be concerned with.  I know I will start packing on the pounds soon enough.

Stretch Marks:  None

Belly Button:  Getting a tad shallower but still in

Sleep:  Sleep is getting better.  I sometimes wake to pee but not always.  It;s wonderful sleeping through the night again!

Best Moment of the Week: At my check up today Savannah and I got to hear the heartbeat of the baby.  It was great.  Savannah says "Baby in your belly doing good Mommy?"

Movement:  I thought I have been feeling movement from time to time on my lower left side while resting in bed at night.  I asked today at my appointment if that is possible.  Edna said that with the positioning of my placenta if I were to be feeling movement it would be where I was describing.  So yup!!!  We have movement!!!

Symptoms:  Still tired in the evenings and nauseous from time to time.

Food cravings/Aversions:  I still haven't been back to The Outback so I still want my buffalo wings!!!

Gender:  We have out anatomy scan set up for August 16th!!!  We will not learn the sex until our reveal party a few weeks later.

What I Miss:  I miss feeling like my old self.  But that's about it!

Looking forward to:  We are having a family beach day with Jay's family this Saturday so that will be a blast.  I have a new maternity tankini so I am excited!  I am not into displaying the bump.

Weekly Wisdom:

Milestones:  14 weeks and another heartbeat

Dreams:  None

This is Miss Savannah today at my doctors appointment


14 weeks and 5 days




1 comment:

  1. so glad you are feeling the baby move!! happy 14 weeks!

    ReplyDelete