Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

34 Weeks & 2 days

I can not get over how close we are!  We are ready but not - both at the same time.  We haven't gotten the infant car seat, swing or bouncer out of the attic yet.  If I could do it myself you can bet it would be done but I need Jay to go into the attic.  HOPEFULLY I can get him to take the 10 minutes it will take and do it this weekend.  I want to wash all of the fabric covers to everything and wash up all the plastic parts with vinegar & water.  I also need to pack Shane's hospital bag.  I am sure I will not pack my own until it's time to go.  I will need so many things that I use daily so I really can't. 

I really don't have too much to report over the past few weeks.  My weight is up to 157 (up 1 pound from last week/27 pounds gained total).  I am on day 3 of tracking my daily food intake to be sure I am getting balanced nutrition (and not eating sweets!!!) since I wanted to gain 30 pounds for the whole pregnancy.  It looks like that goal isn't going to happen at this point.  So fingers crossed I will only gain 1 pound a week from here on out.  That would put me up to 163 and only only 3 pounds over my goal.  I remember all too well how much exercise I did after Savannah was born and I just don;t have time for that again.

*I am still able to wear my wedding rings with no problem.
*Minor ankle swelling-could just be that my ankles are chubby from weight gain
*We have a VERY active baby boy-ouch someitmes!
*I want to meet my boy & see him with his big sister!

I have my 34 week check up this morning.  I normally go on Wednesdays and Edna is usually about 1hr behind schedule.  Hopefully Fridays are better days for her!  I only mind because I have to bring Savannah with me & she gets a little stir crazy after a while.  I am going to try and remember to ask about forgoing the eye ointment after birth.  From what I have read it is used in case the mother has a STD so the baby doesn't become infected.  I have never had any trouble with that so hopefully I can take a test or whatever so we don;t need any unnecessary medications.  We are also not going to opt out of all vaccinations that we can until Shane is a little older.

I have to bug and bug Jay to take belly shots and they never come out good so I took my own today.  I think I did a pretty good job ;-)  I am kinda scared to see what this belly looks like in another 6 weeks!  Geeze!





This is the Christmas wreat I mad Monday at a workshop at Bemis Farms.

1 comment: