Size of baby:
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.
Weight gain: 158.4 (down .4 from last week)
Stretch marks: None
Belly button: Very much an outie
Sleep: Worse then ever! I bet from Friday night through Monday night I only slept a total of 15 hours. I did sleep better last night. Today at my appointment I asked the doc if I could take anything if I decided wanted to. She said Benadryl and Tylenol PM were both fine. I am not sure if I am this desperate yet but it is nice to have options.
Best Moment of the Week: At today's appointment I was 2cm and 80%! She also said he was "nice and low". I know this doesn't mean anything as far as when labor will start but at least it's something. After laboring ALL DAY with Savannah I think I was only like 3cm when went into the hospital. Hopefully next week I will have even more progress.
Movement: Either he has started to slow down a little or I have been so busy taking care of my little sickie that I don't notice him as much. I still feel him alot when I try and rest.
Symptoms: Same as last week. Very thirsty, unable to sleep & always using the bathroom. Sleep has been worse due to Savannah being so sick.
Food cravings/Aversions: Coffee coffee & more coffee
Gender: BOY
What I miss: Sleeping
Looking forward to: Christmas is only a few days away and we are (hopefully) going to have a wonderful holiday
Dreams: Nope
Other stuff: I had a great appointment today with the doctor. Made some decent progress. I stopped at the mall and FINALLY found a baseball clock to hang on one of the walls in the nursery. I googled the brand (I got it at Ho.me Go.ods) to see if I could find any matching pieces and I found a canvas painting so I ordered that. Now all I have to do is find something large to hang over the dresser. Today while at the store I saw a big cork board with a nice red frame. I probably should have got it since it was just the right size and the colors were perfect. I will go back after next week's appointment and get it if they still have it.
What I miss: Sleeping
Looking forward to: Christmas is only a few days away and we are (hopefully) going to have a wonderful holiday
Dreams: Nope
Other stuff: I had a great appointment today with the doctor. Made some decent progress. I stopped at the mall and FINALLY found a baseball clock to hang on one of the walls in the nursery. I googled the brand (I got it at Ho.me Go.ods) to see if I could find any matching pieces and I found a canvas painting so I ordered that. Now all I have to do is find something large to hang over the dresser. Today while at the store I saw a big cork board with a nice red frame. I probably should have got it since it was just the right size and the colors were perfect. I will go back after next week's appointment and get it if they still have it.
Belly pics
New pillows for propping up while nursing
Savannah's super cute snowman-I think I am going to frame it and put it out as a winter decoration
Out of this world pizza I made for dinner last Friday night
My little sickie girl napping on the couch
When all else fails and you can't get your kid to drink-pull out your Weight Watchers scale and play a fun game of "let's see if you can make the number go down". Crazy I know but it worked! She drank the whole juice box in 5 minutes.
Family picture taken in front of our house back in September while we were actors in a commercial

You are all belly! 2 cm sounds good- it could be any day now!
ReplyDeleteEvery time I see a comment from you on my blog I think " She didn't have the baby yet?!" hahaha Hope your baby girl is feeling better! And you guys were actors in a commercial?? :) Cool.
ReplyDelete