On Wednesday, Shane had his 6 month check-up with his pedi. He weighed in at 16 pounds 14 ounces (30th percentile), 28 1/4 inches tall (90th percentile) and has a head circumference of 43 centimeters (25 percentile). He was give a clean bill of health and Dr. Mor.ris was more than pleased with his development. She gave us the go ahead to feed him pretty much anything we wanted (yogurt, fruit, veggies & meat). We were advised to hold off on eggs & berries for a couple of more months in case of a food allergy. When we got home from the appointment I fed Shane carrots for lunch. He LOVED them! He made a funny face at first but I think that was because he was expecting rice cereal to be on the spoon. By the third bite we were all good! I will introduce a new veggie every 2-3 days and hopefully have a few under our belt for vacation next week. This should hopefully make things a little easier. I am still going to nurse as much as desired during the day.
He wasn't so sure of the first bite
"I think I may like this"
Oh my gosh, look at that face!!! And those big eyes!! Too cute! :) Great to hear that his appointment went well and his doctor have you the go ahead to start on foods of all sorts.
ReplyDeleteAdorable!!! Glad the appt went well, he's getting big so fast!
ReplyDelete