Today is Shanie's 6 month birthday. I couldn't sleep last night because I was having so much anxiety about how fast he is growing up. I will let him wean himself from nursing like I did with Savannah. Savannah finished up just days after her first birthday. The rejection was awful and it broke my heart. If Shane were to do the same than that would mean he is almost on the other side of his nursing career. ***hence the freak out*** He is my last baby. He is my last nurser. I love nursing. I am going to miss nursing something awful.
He did amazing with his cereal today. No gagging, choking or funny faces. He chewed his bites & it was adorable! We will do am cereal for a week and then add pm cereal for another week. After that we will start veggie purees. Here are pictures of his cereal eating today.
So adorable! Big blue eyes. I am going to miss nursing too! Although I will be happy to have my body back to myself! :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a big boy! You are doing such a great job with him!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie pie! He sure looks like he is enjoying his cereal. I miss nursing and I made it 3 months, it's such a bonding experience. You have given him such a great start to life, way to go!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel about the breastfeeding. I am going to miss it sooo much when we stop! :( I hope Alidia is happy to at least make it to the year mark and possible a month or two more. I have really loved it. Yay for starting cereal... great to hear he enjoyed it!! :) He looks so cute in the photos and extra cute with the two of them together!
ReplyDelete