I will do a post with Shane's birth story as soon as I can. I want to try and do weekly posts on how things are going for 4-6 weeks then I will do them monthly.
Sleep: I am sure it is because you are only 1 week old but you are an amazing sleeper! You wake in the morning for a feeding and then normally sleep again for 3-4 hours. Wake again, eat again and sleep for another 3-4 hours. For the past two days you have stayed awake in the morning for about 30-60 minutes in the morning. You just look around at everything and take it all in. As soon as you fall asleep we put you in your pack n' play in Mommy's closet. (My closet is HUGE - It's about 4x the size of our 1/2 bath. This sleeping arrangement works well because we close our bedroom door at night and when Shane wakes at night Savannah doesn't hear a thing.) Last night Shane fed at/fell asleep at 7:30pm-1:30am. Woke to feed again then fell asleep again from 2am-4:30am. Woke to feed at 6:45am and stayed up for a while looking around. I know letting him go 6hours between feedings is alot but he is already back up to his birth weight by gaining on average 1oz. pr day. Dr. Jamie said they like to see them back to birth weight by two weeks of age.
Feed: See above - Basically you eat every 3-4 hours. You L-O-V-E to eat but always fall asleep after aout 15 minutes. I have started pumping 2 oz from each side in the afternoon for the freezer because I swear my body thinks I have a bunch of babies to feed. I know the more I pump the more I will make but it is nice to stock up while we can.
Weight: 1-13: 8lbs 5 oz.
1-16: 8lbs 0.04oz.
1-19: 8lbs. 4oz.
Length: 1-13: 21 1/2 inches and he hasn't been measured again since
Diaper Size: Newborn
Clothes Size: Newborn
Hair Color: Brown
Eye color: Blue
Funniest moment: Well we find this as funny as we don't-half of the time when we change your diaper you poop or pee while we are changing you. You can be a messy messy boy. You can't help but laugh!
Eye color: Blue
Funniest moment: Well we find this as funny as we don't-half of the time when we change your diaper you poop or pee while we are changing you. You can be a messy messy boy. You can't help but laugh!
Milestone: Your very first milestone would be that you have gone from eating every 3 hours to every 4. We were told yesterday at your check-up that you're all healed up from your "boy" procedure you had done at 1 day old.
Firsts: You had your very first sponge bath 2 nights ago. You didn't really enjoy it very much but we weren't expecting that you would. You really only cry when you are naked.
Check-ups: You went on Monday the 16th and saw Dr. Gon.roff. The nurse weighed you and took your tempature. Dr. G then checked you all out and said the only thing she noticed was a slight "click" in your right hip. She said it only showed it on every 3rd movement. She said at the time it was nothing to be concerned with at this point but that they would watch it. You were seen yesterday, Thursday the 19th by Dr. Jamie who we absolutely LOVE seeing. She said your boy part was all healed up (no more gauze needed) and that she didn't detect any clicking in your hip. Dr. Jamie reccomends you take a liquid Vitamin D suppliment since you are strictly breastfed. We go back next Thursday the 26th for another check-up with Dr. Jamie. Your primary is Dr. Mor.ris (she was also Mommy's doctor as a child) but she only works part time and it is rather difficult to get an appointment with her. We would have Dr. Jamie as you & sissy's primary but she doesn't have her own patient list.
Mommy: Mommy is doing very well. I am hardly sore at this point. Recovery was far easier the second time around that's for darn sure. I did receive stitches but I don't any pain in that area anymore. I would say I am about 75% "down there". I am still bleeding but it is relatively light. I am still taking the stool softener just to be on the safe side. I haven't had any trouble but I would like to keep things that way. As of 40 weeks my weight was up to 163.6 and as of today I am down to 147.2 (and this was first thing this morning with 2 VERY FULL boobs).
Other stuff: Sissy has been having a little trouble adjusting to our new addition. She hasn't acted out or shown any jealously towards you but her behavior has gone a little down hill. I think this is a combination of having a new baby and having daddy home for the week. Savannah has been giving us trouble daily going to nap and bed. She will say she isn'g going to bed because she isn't tired when she is. She will yell, scram & hit her door (basically a temper tantrum). Jay has been dealing with this but today I am going to start handling nap since I will be here alone daily (wish me luck!). Jay has been taking all of her animals, blankets & pillows out of her bed and telling her she can have them back when she is ready to go to bed. The first night she screamed for an hour, second night 15 minutes and each night has been less and less (now down to 5 minutes last night). We are making progress but we will have some work to do.
We have been having so many visitors it's crazy. It is nice to show off our new little man but this makes it very hard for us to try and get into a new routine. Hopefully things will dye down a little after the weekend. All of these visitors have come with TONS of gifts. Shane now has far more clothes than he will probally ever be able to wear.
Check-ups: You went on Monday the 16th and saw Dr. Gon.roff. The nurse weighed you and took your tempature. Dr. G then checked you all out and said the only thing she noticed was a slight "click" in your right hip. She said it only showed it on every 3rd movement. She said at the time it was nothing to be concerned with at this point but that they would watch it. You were seen yesterday, Thursday the 19th by Dr. Jamie who we absolutely LOVE seeing. She said your boy part was all healed up (no more gauze needed) and that she didn't detect any clicking in your hip. Dr. Jamie reccomends you take a liquid Vitamin D suppliment since you are strictly breastfed. We go back next Thursday the 26th for another check-up with Dr. Jamie. Your primary is Dr. Mor.ris (she was also Mommy's doctor as a child) but she only works part time and it is rather difficult to get an appointment with her. We would have Dr. Jamie as you & sissy's primary but she doesn't have her own patient list.
Mommy: Mommy is doing very well. I am hardly sore at this point. Recovery was far easier the second time around that's for darn sure. I did receive stitches but I don't any pain in that area anymore. I would say I am about 75% "down there". I am still bleeding but it is relatively light. I am still taking the stool softener just to be on the safe side. I haven't had any trouble but I would like to keep things that way. As of 40 weeks my weight was up to 163.6 and as of today I am down to 147.2 (and this was first thing this morning with 2 VERY FULL boobs).
Other stuff: Sissy has been having a little trouble adjusting to our new addition. She hasn't acted out or shown any jealously towards you but her behavior has gone a little down hill. I think this is a combination of having a new baby and having daddy home for the week. Savannah has been giving us trouble daily going to nap and bed. She will say she isn'g going to bed because she isn't tired when she is. She will yell, scram & hit her door (basically a temper tantrum). Jay has been dealing with this but today I am going to start handling nap since I will be here alone daily (wish me luck!). Jay has been taking all of her animals, blankets & pillows out of her bed and telling her she can have them back when she is ready to go to bed. The first night she screamed for an hour, second night 15 minutes and each night has been less and less (now down to 5 minutes last night). We are making progress but we will have some work to do.
We have been having so many visitors it's crazy. It is nice to show off our new little man but this makes it very hard for us to try and get into a new routine. Hopefully things will dye down a little after the weekend. All of these visitors have come with TONS of gifts. Shane now has far more clothes than he will probally ever be able to wear.
Leaving the hospital
1-14-2012
Savannah nursing her baby
1-15-2012
1-16-2012
Gift from Jay's work
First sponge bath
1-18-2012
5 days old
1-18-2012
No comments:
Post a Comment