Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

2 Weeks ***Update with Pictures***

I cannot believe I am sitting here already writing your two week post!  This past week has just flown by.  I have really enjoyed every single second I have spent with you over your two weeks of life.  You are such a sweet sweet little boy.  I call you "my little sweetheart".  The way you look at me melts my heart.  I could snuggle you forever and it depresses me to think that you will grow up so fast.  You are very laid back and relaxed unless you are hungry or in need of a clean diaper.


Sleep:   I am happy to report that you are still a great sleeper!  You usually wake in the morning between 6-7 and stay awake for 1-2 hours.  I hold you, lay you in your Bop.py or put you in your bouncy seat.  Sometimes you fall asleep but you usually just look around contently.  I will change you and feed you and you will fall asleep for about 3 hours.  You will wake to be changed and fed again and then you are off to dreamland yet again.  You will wake up around dinner time for another 1-2 hours and then repeat the above schedule.  For some reason this week you have been sleeping great until 12-1am then you wake every hour or two to eat.  I don't mind so much but Daddy isn't enjoying this too much.  Last night you slept perfectly for us.  You woke to eat every 3hours and went right back to sleep when you were done.  My little angel!


Feed:  See above.  Basically every 3 hours however sometimes sooner.  You are a champion nurser and make me very proud.  For some reason while I was pregnant I was so worried that maybe you wouldn't like nursing or wouldn't be able to for some crazy reason.  I LOVE breastfeeding so I really hope you nurse forever for long time and I am already dreading the day you don't want me anymore.  I know you are my last baby so I hope you nurse for a very long time!  Also nothing is more rewarding to know that I nourished you and helped you grow to a big strong boy.


Weight:  1-13: 8lbs 5 oz.
                   1-16: 8lbs 0.04oz.
                   1-19: 8lbs. 4oz.
                   1-26: 8lbs. 7oz.

Length:  1-13: 21 1/2 inches (you haven't been measured again since)

Diaper Size:  Newborn

Clothes Size:  Newborn


Hair Color:  Brown

Eye color:  Blue

Funniest moment:  I had your newborn pictures taken this past Sunday morning.  The photographer came to our house so that was great!  I was slightly concerned to have you take naked photo's since you like to surprise us with bodily fluids so oftem.  Well you did great until the end.  We took a picture of you just wearing a little tie and right after Olivia snapped your picture you peed all over the place!  Good thing all of her props are washable!


 
Milestone:  You lost your umbilical cord stump on Tuesday so you were able to have your first big boy tubby on Wednesday.


Firsts:  Daddy went back to work on Monday so it has been just you, Me & Sissy this week.  We have been getting by just fine.  After dropping Sissy off at school on Tuesday you and I went grocery shopping for the first time.  You slept in you carseat the whole time.  You have started napping during the day in your crib.



Check-ups:  Yesterday you had your 2 week check-up with Dr. Jamie and you were hungry when you woke up.  You SCREAMED the whole appointment.  As soon as we were done and you were able to eat you were as happy as could be and were sleeping again before my car left the parking lot.  At your appointment Dr. Jamie checked your unbilical coard area.  She cleaned it well with alchohol and then put some type of solution on it to help dry out the inside.  We were instructed not to give you a tubby for 2 days.  You will go back in two weeks for your 1 month check-up.

Mommy:  Mommy is still doing great.  I don't really have anything to report on other than my weight.  I am down to 143.8 which means I have lost 20lbs in the past two weeks.  Even the weight loss is easier this time around.  I only have 13.8 more pounds to go and I am not really in any rush.  I would rather not restrict myself too much and I don't have to worry about my milk supply.  I am eating as many healthy foods as I can.  Lots of meat, fish (trying for 2x weekly), fruit & veggies.  Staying away from sweets is a little had but that's all I have really been trying to cut out.  I am really looking forward to exercising when I get the clear in a few more weeks.  I want to try and do the Co.uch to 5.K Program & 200 S.it-u.p's Program.  I would like to tone up a bit for the summer.


Other stuff:  Savannah has continued to adjust well to her new role as big sister.  She has a little trouble at times giving you space.  She likes to get right up in your face when she talks to you.  She also like to touch your face and mouth so we are learning about germs and only rubbing your arm or body.  She loves you to peices and is so happy you are here.   

1 comment:

  1. Oh I miss when Aiden was that little! I loved those precious times cuddling and watching him sleep! That's awesome he is nursing so great and so laid back!

    ReplyDelete