Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

39 Weeks & 1 Day

How far along:  39 weeks & 1 day

Size of baby: 
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

Weight gain:  162.4 (up from 160.8 last week-up 32.4 total)

Stretch marks:  None

Belly button:  Very much an outie

Sleep:  Last week sleep was getting "better" but this week I am back to being an insomniac.  It really sucks seeing every hour go by on the clock at night.

Best Moment of the Week:  It was so nice to have Jay home with Savannah and I on Friday afternoon, Saturday, Sunday & Monday.  He is now back to work until the baby decides the time is right.  Hopefully soon!  I went for a pedicure on Tuesday so my toes are ready.

Movement:  Over the past 4 days his movement has REALLY slowed down.  He still moves 5-6 separate times during the day but the periods are short.

Symptoms:  Same as the last couple of weeks.  Very tired, thirsty & generally uncomfortable.  I am looking forward to not having this big belly on the front of me.

Food cravings/Aversions:  Nothing new to report. 

Gender:  BOY

What I miss:  Sleep and just feeling comfortable

Looking forward to:  I am still looking forward to L & D.  I just want to meet my baby boy.  I am so excited to see what he looks like and have him safe and sound in our arms!

Dreams:  Still nothing
Belly Shots




Jay and Savannah's New Year's Eve dinner

1 comment:

  1. insomnia is the worst! Love the pics, she is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete