Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

5 Months

***Sorry that this post is almost 2 weeks late.  Bad Mommy!  Some things have changed since this post was written but this is what he was up to at 5 months.***

My boy,

I know I say this every month but I just can't believe how fast you are growing.  In just a few short weeks you will be starting on cereal and veggies soon after.  It is almost time to pack up your bottles and introduce you to a sippy cup.  You only have a bottle every month or so and you always take it like a champ.  I think you have had 4 in your whole life!  You get so excited when I ask you if you want "boobie".  It is adorable.  You moan and groan and make the cutest little face.  Normally I would have thought that phrase was a little TMI but you are so stinking cute.  Two weeks ago I cooked & froze 5 pounds of organic carrots and last week I made you organic sweet potatoes.  I ordered some new ice cube trays so that your food will stack better in the freezer.  Grammy is letting me borrow her  huge food processor so that I don't have to buy one.  Thanks Garmmy!!!


You are rolling all over the place now.  You go from back to belly and belly to back.  When you are on your belly you pull up on your knees as if you are trying to crawl.  You are always on your belly now when I get you up in the morning now.  I don't like this but I know there really isn't anything I can do about it.  You still fall forward when you practice sitting up on you bum.  We try and work on this daily with you.

Sleep:  You are again sleeping all night.  You usually have your last feeding at 8:30pm and fall asleep.  You still often wake after being in your bed for about 10 minutes to burp.  You are a gassy little guy!  You will burp and often go back to sleep on your own immediately.  I don't think you are fully awake.  Sometime you need the magic boob to go back to sleep.

Feed:  Same as last month

Weight:
1-13: 8lbs 5 oz.
1-16: 8lbs 0.04oz.
1-19: 8lbs. 4oz.
1-26: 8lbs. 7oz.
2-16: 10lbs. 11oz.

3-13: 13lbs (at home)
3-28: 13lbs. 6oz.(at 2 month check-up)
4-13: (at home)
5-13: 15lbs (at home)
5-24: 15.3 50th percentile (at 4 month check-up)
6-13:  15.6 (at home)
Length:
1-13: 21 1/2 inches
2-16: 22 inches
3-13: 22 1/2 inches (at home)
3-28: 24 1/4 inches (at 2 month check-up)
5-24: 27 1/2 inches 100 percentile (at 4 month check-up)

Diaper Size:  We are finishing up our size 2's and moving on to 3's.  The 3's are a little big but that helps with explosions.

Clothes Size: You are still in 3-6 month clothing.


Hair Color: Brown
Your cradle cap is 90% gone

Eye color: Blue

Funniest moment: 

Milestone: 
*You are consistently sleeping all night now.  You had a week when you work up every night about 3 weeks ago but have been back to sleeping all night the past 3ish weeks.  It's awesome!
*You have officially found your thumb.  Daddy is constantly pulling it out of your mouth but I just let you suck.  Your don't like the papi so if you are going to be a thumb sucker it's OK with me.  I will try and work on Daddy for you.

Firsts:
*5/26- Rolled from back to belly:I layed you down on the living room carpet to change your diaper.  You were trying to latch onto the carpet and rolled yourself right over!  My big boy!
*5/28-  First Memorial Day & first parade
*6/4-Rolled from belly to back then barrel rolled across the living room floor!


Check-ups: 5/24 You did awesome at your check up.  Doctor M said I could start you on cereal then if I wanted to because of your growth and head control but she agreed it would be best if we waited until 6 months.  She said you were developing great and that you looked perfect!

Other stuff:
*Savannah's last day of school is on Tuesday.  She will have her end of the year concert Monday night.  I am sure it will be adorable!
*You LOVE to watch your big sister.  She puts on dance shows for you, reads you books & plays doctor with you.  You are such a good sport and let her do whatever she wants.
Today we:  Sissy went with Grammy today so we got to spend most of today together just the two of us.  You went to Memere Jean's for an hour while I went for a pedi with Memere Pam.  Can you believe this was her first pedi!?!?!




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like he is doing so well!! I love all of the photos, but especially the last one of his cute little grin while in the tub. What beautiful eyes! Alidia has only taken about 4 bottles in her life too and didn't do well when Anthony tried to give her one the other night so we introduce the sippy cup and she really liked that. We're excited to start on solids too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just too cute! I can't believe how quickly he is growing and how tall he is for 5 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He needs to come show Emily how to sleep!! happy 5 months little guy!!

    ReplyDelete