How Far Along: 6 Weeks
Size of Baby: Your baby is 0.16 to 0.2 inches long (4-5mm) when measured from crown to rump. It is now identifiable as a human baby. The limb buds are growing rapidly, developing into little fins with nodules at the ends which will eventually become fingers and toes. The arms have already differentiated into hand and shoulder segments. The cerebral hemispheres of the brain are growing, and the eyes and nostrils are appearing. Your baby's heart bulges from its body and the heart chambers are divided and formed. Blood vessels now circulate blood throughout the whole body. The head looks large and is bent on the chest. Your baby's face is forming, but its eyes are on the sides of its head and are still sealed. The discs that will become your baby's eyes will move over to the front of the face over the course of the next few months. Bone cells are beginning to develop and the outline of the baby's nervous system is complete. The pigment in your baby's eyes can be seen under the skin overlaying them. By this point there is also a pancreas and an appendix. The tail is still visible, but it will soon fade. The umbilical cord is growing and the placenta is maturing as well.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet
Maternity Clothes: Not yet
Weight Gain:
Stretch Marks: None
Belly Button: In
Sleep: This is a very sore subject at the moment. I think I have gotten one decent nights sleep since I found out I was pregnant. I was hoping after I went for my appointment that would help, but no such luck last night. It takes me 20 minutes to a half hour to fall asleep. I wake up 1x to pee. I will wake early (like 4am or 5am and not being able to fall back asleep. No matter how long I have slept I wake feeling tired and like I haven't slept in days.
Best Moment of the Week: Seeing our "spec" on the ultrasound screen along with seeing & hearing the heartbeat
Movement: Wayyyyyy to early
Symptoms: ALWAYS tired and ALWAYS nauseous. I pretty much have no appetite at all. I am going to start a food journal and log everything I eat. I haven't been doing well with intake over the past week.
Food Cravings/Aversions: Craving nothing and aversion to everything but cereal & grilled cheese.
Gender: Chinese Gender Chart says BOY
What I Miss: Sometimes I miss coffee but not too badly
What I'm Looking Forward to: Telling everyone. So far we have only told our parents & grandparents. I would like to hold out another 4-6 weeks for telling everyone. I am not sure if that is possible.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't sweat the small stuff
Milestones: Reaching the 6 week marker, 1st OB appointment yesterday & 1st Ultrasound
Dreams: This past Friday or Saturday I had a dream that I missed Karly's Baby Shower. I thought the shower was at like 6pm and it was really at 2pm. I was FREAKING out when I realized I had missed it.
Stretch Marks: None
Belly Button: In
Sleep: This is a very sore subject at the moment. I think I have gotten one decent nights sleep since I found out I was pregnant. I was hoping after I went for my appointment that would help, but no such luck last night. It takes me 20 minutes to a half hour to fall asleep. I wake up 1x to pee. I will wake early (like 4am or 5am and not being able to fall back asleep. No matter how long I have slept I wake feeling tired and like I haven't slept in days.
Best Moment of the Week: Seeing our "spec" on the ultrasound screen along with seeing & hearing the heartbeat
Movement: Wayyyyyy to early
Symptoms: ALWAYS tired and ALWAYS nauseous. I pretty much have no appetite at all. I am going to start a food journal and log everything I eat. I haven't been doing well with intake over the past week.
Food Cravings/Aversions: Craving nothing and aversion to everything but cereal & grilled cheese.
Gender: Chinese Gender Chart says BOY
What I Miss: Sometimes I miss coffee but not too badly
What I'm Looking Forward to: Telling everyone. So far we have only told our parents & grandparents. I would like to hold out another 4-6 weeks for telling everyone. I am not sure if that is possible.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't sweat the small stuff
Milestones: Reaching the 6 week marker, 1st OB appointment yesterday & 1st Ultrasound
Dreams: This past Friday or Saturday I had a dream that I missed Karly's Baby Shower. I thought the shower was at like 6pm and it was really at 2pm. I was FREAKING out when I realized I had missed it.
Other Info: 5/17: First ultrasound. Heartbeat of 119 and baby is measuring at 5w6d.

How exciting!! I remember not being able to eat anything but baby carrots. Glad things are going so well!
ReplyDelete